Existing Member?

share of mine

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 20 April 2012 | Views [178] | Scholarship Entry

Mother told me,by meeting people in places,I’ll learn many things by them.She said it then,to persuate me,to move to a small town in northern side of Aceh,Indonesia,this place is called Lhoksukon.Lhoksukon has been entrusted to be the capital of North Aceh.I was 13 years old when mother took me to Aceh.I never imagine before,that i had to continue living in Lhoksukon again,leaved all of facilities,friends,or good school in Medan.Lhoksukon even has no movie.I wouldnt have a friend who regularly follow up the latest concert up date.Then i decided to move to Lhoksukon.In Aceh, everyone wear hijab saw some women beg for a cheap food,men had a fun discuss with their friends in the coffee cafe.Those all viewed by me,made a unique unity,blend in to one,in an area that is not a big scope area.I continued to live in Lhoksukon,everyday hanging out with friends who dont even know who Westlife is.At first,it was hard for me to pass everything.But slowly,i found the meaning of what my mother said,that we can learn from anyone,anywhere.
His name is Noura,she was a quite girl,in the same class with me.Honestly,i didnt aware her existence,untill one of my close friend said Noura in love to..my watch.
What a simple minded! I thought.As simple as that.But it took my attention to my around more.I didnt know the exactly reason,i started to ‘use’ my heart, to interact with my friends,and people around me.Before ‘’Noura’s Story’’,I just enjoyed my life with some friends that had same hobby with me.
I suprised,i could easily smile to everyone,all the way home.I gave the best of mine.Suddenly i felt i find the friendly side of people there, that i thought i’ve never seen before.
My attitude slowly changed. It was fun to see the thank-you-smile, with the shining eyes, showed the sincere. I forgot my hedonism life in my place before.
Untill now, i always remember my mother’s, i have a strong willingness to learn everything, from everyone, in every where. It affects to my life so much.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About azilyazilya


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.