Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

Road Trip to Darwin

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 13 July 2014 | Views [265]

We went on a 2200km road trip for 2 weeks up to Darwin.  This was with Olivers aunt and Uncle in their 4x4. We are going camping in the outback and national park of kakadu. 

The first day we drive for 9 hours to reach the national park.  This is all on one highway called the Stuart highway.  It goes from Darwin to Adalaide. 

We saw a black headed python on the road.  It was 1m long really beautiful n impress to look at.

Kakadu national park is the size of wales. 

During the 2 weeks we went swimming in water falls and in lagoons. I was always worried about the crocodiles.  Ghere were signs every where about salt water crocs in the area. The rangers do keep an eye on them and move them. It was stunning scenery.  The mosiquotos drove me mad though! So many. 

In Darwin we went on a jumping crocodile show. These are wild crocodiles that come to the boat as thy know they are going to be feed. They are huge and jump up for the pork chop dangled from the boat.  The dominant male is 6.2 , meters!!

 

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.