Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

rotorua

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 13 July 2014 | Views [313]

Loved this place! 

Out of my 11 days in north island of new Zealand,  I spent 6 days here. 

I went white water rafting on a grade 5 river twice, because it was half price.  Haha. It features a 7ft water fall at the end. I didn't fall in but many people did.

I went to wat-tau which is a volcanic area with guyers.  They got them to erupt by putting soap I the centre.  Really beautiful areas. 

I love the lord of the rings.  So no trip to the north would be completed without a trip to hobbiton. Its such an awesome place.  Im also the perfect height to be a hobbit. I even had a cider in the green dragon pub. 

Other trips included a day hiking around redwood forrest. Its mainly for mountain biking but I didn't want to pay to hire one.

Finally,  I did a day tour of a Maori village.  They still live in the village and have fone gor centuries.  They are amazing people.  Very big n scary looking with tattoos on their faces.  They use the hot springs to cook food and wash in. Potatoes boil instantly! Its over 100 degrees.  

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.