Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

Sydney- The story so far!

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 1 February 2014 | Views [331]

Since arriving in Sydney me and Oliver have set up camp. 

 

Margot was a brillant person to help us with connections for jobs. Both me and Oliver managed to get work in a pub because Margot's friend owns a pub. I went in on a trial shift as a waitress and bar maid. Its a posh pub in that its a bistro and serves well presented and fancy food. 

The pub has a website

wwww.theduckinnpubandkitchen.com.au

Its the sort of place that I would happily take my family for a nice meal out. In addition, they also hired Oliver as a kitchen asssistant and chief, which he hadn't done since he was around 16 but the head cheif seems very happy with him. 

 

however, after christmas the pub has gotten much quieter so I only work there approximately 2 shifts a week. So I found another full-time job working in sales in a call centre for Make It Cheaper. Its a an energy broker and we work as a comparison service to make sure people are on the best deal.  It's very repeatative but very good money as I get a base rate plus commission and money put into a private pension. i can claim that money back when i leave the country. 

We have both found a flat to rent in an inner western suburb called Petersham. It is a bit small but its in the centre of the city and we have made a few friends with the neighbours. 

 

This Friday we met up with Oliver Aunt and Uncle who were visiting sydney on the way back from New Zealand. They are currently living in Alice Springs near Ayers Rock. We are going to go a visit them in June as it will be winter and so a bit cooler than at present. I'm looking forward to it as I really got on well with them. They both used to live in Derby. 

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.