Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

the whitsunday islands/boat trip

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 30 October 2013 | Views [367]

There is not a lot to do around airlie apart from wait around for the whitsunday tours.

It was definitely worth the wait! My boat had the rather unglamorous name of spank me! Its a hit a a young person party boat apparently,  which wasnt what I booked but everything is fully booked-feeling annoyed!!

Was awesome though. It was a boat of 26 people plus 3 crew. We slept in bunk beds beneath the hull at night. 

Spent a lot of time snorkeling the great barrier reef starts here. Its so beautiful,  on the second day I swam with a massive fish called elvis! He is huge n I got to huge him.

Whitheaven beach has been repeatedly voted the best beach in the world! Its amazing,  so perfectly white n blue. The sand has been used to make glass for the space shuttles its that good.

In the water on the beach, there is stingrays n baby sharks.  Awesome!

We all help the crew man the ship n pull up the mast.  Or rather I watch the strong lads pull up the sail and then just be a grinder- im not sure what that does but it seems to steer the ship.  

Food was the biggest let down- hotdogs yuk!! Just ate yhe bread n cheese lol

Loved the 5 english girls that I meet on board the boat. They have now gone back to england n their jobs hehe. 

Lots more snorkeling n I even saw a turtle! They are massive.  

Beautiful peace of paradise n can say I have snorkeled the reef. 

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.