Existing Member?

South East Asian Invasion For stories, photos and travel advice

Bish, bang, bosh, back to Bangkok for Meg and Josh. Days 14 & 15

THAILAND | Sunday, 15 December 2013 | Views [402]

The crazy ride back to Bangkok was finally over and after our driver got arrested, we headed over to Rambuttri Road to find some accommodation. We had about 12 hours to kill before Meg and Josh arrived in Bangkok. A sleep deprived ride on the bus overnight meant that I'd basically spent all day napping. When I did finally awake, Taken 2 was being played downstairs in our hostel. It was rubbish but laughable, for those who have seen it, you'll know what I'm on about.

By 10pm Meg and Josh were finally here, hooray! Although they were tired, we managed to get them out for a few drinks down Koh San Road but couldn't tempt them with a grilled scorpion unfortunately. Instead we had a Chang tower before hitting the sack.

The next day we decided to get down south to Krabi as soon as possible, so we booked another overnight bus for that evening. But hopefully this one wouldn't be so much of a rollercoaster as the last one! With some more time to kill, we did the usual - walk around, go to the markets, have lunch, get tattoos. Pretty standard stuff. Just in case you're reading this mum, don't worry! I didn't get one!

Ready to leave Bangkok at 6pm that evening we got to our bus stop, but as usual, its never simple. The bus was late due to all the traffic as it was the King's birthday, so instead we had to walk across busy main roads for about 30 mins to get our bus at another location. With a heavy ruck sack and crazy drivers on mopeds, this was no easy feat. But when we got on the bus at last, it was a relief that the windscreen wasn't cracked and that our driver wouldnt eventually be arrested. Next stop Ao Nang, Krabi! 

Some travel advice:

The King's birthday is a big celebration in Thailand so streets and places become very busy and congested. Makes it hard for travelling and could make it hard to find places to stay for the night.

Not exactly travel advice, but don't watch Taken 2, its not as good as the first.

Make sure you understand what type of bus you are booking and who you are booking it with, especially for an overnight journey as it can be the difference between arriving at your destination or being delayed/potentially stranded somewhere. 

Ayden

 

 

About aydenmunns


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.