Existing Member?

pinoydaysleeper

a dream: an entry to the scholarship program of Mr. Edwards

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 14 January 2013 | Views [499]

the photos...


i am a dreamer. and to drift around the world with my camera is the ultimate dream.

if you are someone who comes from a working class family living in a third-world country, dreaming a dream like that might, as well, end up as a dream. of course, not unless i win the lottery.

i am a dreamer. like the kindergarten-type of dreamer. those kids who come up to the stage and speak of them wanting to be scientists, or doctors, or actors when they grow up. they dream like its nobody's business. their dreams are unadulterated and innocent. they dream like how its suppose to be done in the first place. no limits. i like to keep that kidergarten trait forever with me. yes, i can still be that hollywood actor =).

because, really, i think, everything, it all starts with a dream.

everything written on that "about the scholarship" page is a dream. owning a hot shot camera. travelling to a foreign country. but most of all, to be mentored by Mr. Edwards is the greatest thing.

apart from being a dreamer, i am a student of life for life. my biggest dream and passion is photography. i want to learn more of it. i want to be good at it. and to get the privileged to be taught by someone like Mr. Edwards is something... just beyond my wildest dreams.

in photography, i am hungry. i yearn to learn more. i know i can and i hope all the universe will conspire to help me achieve it, as what i learned from Paulo Coelho.

i am passionate. whether it be at my work, or at a sport or even in the smallest of things like cooking an egg. i like to put my heart in everything i do. at the end of the day, when i sleep at night, those are the things that make me smile. those "nicely cooked sunny side up" moments.

i like to be challenged. i long for adventures. i enjoy getting lost in a foreign place. i love, though scared at the same time, to be caught out of my comfort-zone. because, apparently, i think, life begins when you step out of that zone.

i love looking at photographs of people and places especially of those that are taken from other parts of the world.

photographs can take me to places i havent been to, know people i havent met before, learn cultures i only catch in National Geographic Channel.

above all, photographs trigger me to dream. dream more.

thats the power of photography for me.

and on the same breath, thats what i hope to share to people, my photos, my dreams and hope that those move them to dream as well.

i would like to inspire people with my photographs( in the future when i am able to take better pictures already). the same way i get inspired when i see some.

what i know now, my knowledge about photography is 1 part out of 10. i yearn to learn.

some people dream of owning a penthouse suit in a fancy part of the city, some of driving that ferrari sports car, some of marrying that victoria secret model; my dream is to be able to take one photo, one good photo that can inspire people.

Tags: jason edwards, national geographic, oman, scholarship

About ayan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.