Existing Member?

Denise's Adventures in Wonderland

Preparing for Departure

USA | Sunday, 13 April 2008 | Views [600] | Comments [2]

So here I am bags packed and almost everything in places for leaving for a four month trip. Thinking about all the loose ends to tie up. I went and visited my horse for the last time till August which was kind of daunting. I've never spent that much time away from her, so I, of course, wanted to make sure she really knew I loved her dearly, so I gave her a spa day! What every mare dreams of! But it was a symbolic day, because for the first time ever, I cut Magic's mane short. For those of you who don't know this... Magic is a purebred Arabian with exceptional Polish Bloodlines. She has an International Champion, Khemosabi, as her grandpa, and she certainly got his looks. He was considered to be one of the most beautiful, purebred arabians in the US and his bloodline is highly prized amongst the Arabian community.

Well, a thing about Arabians is that they have a very particular look. There is a certain way to groom Arabs because they are unique, and are one of the most celebrated beauty's of the horse world. Arab's often grow very long manes and tails and instead of chopping it all off for showing, Arab owners know that the breed is supposed to have long well kept manes and tails for shows. So I did what no Arab owner ever wants to do... I defyed the thousand year old tradition of long manes and tails, and I cut Magic's hair short for the first in almost 9 years of owning her. It's probably the only time she's ever had short hair in her life! But she'll be turned out to a 10 acre pasture in a foresty area for the whole summer; and without me here to keep up that mane for monthes... her mane could have been ruined by the time I came home. So I prevented that from happening with a summer cut. Point is... I took before and after photos of long mane and short mane to show off my pretty mare. Check out the Gallery of photos. They're in there!

Over and Out,

Denise

Tags: magic

Comments

1

Oh wow Denise! I had no idea that you did this! I am definately amazed right about now!! Definately a good fresh start for both of you I would imagine! She must look adorable...I must go to your photo album asap and check it out! I am also going to explore this site haha and see if I can find out more exciting things of your outback adventure! I miss you desperately my favorite nutely and hope you are having tons and fun! Be safe & I love you to pieces!!!!!!!!

  Katey Sellers Apr 25, 2008 7:22 AM

2

PS I just looked at my posting and it took me about 1.5 minutes to figure out why the time/date was off...I was thinking the website was maybe broken!!! haha...ya I'm still blonde!

  Katey Sellers Apr 25, 2008 7:23 AM

About awesomehossom


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.