Existing Member?

The Island of Gods

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 16 April 2012 | Views [146] | Scholarship Entry

“Awesome!” I think that word is perfect to describe about Bali Island, The Island of Gods. It such a wonderful place. The beaches, friendly society, great scenery, and all is perfect. The most thing I loved of Bali is the life. They are a hard worker, but the most is women. Can you imagine, how can they bring a lot of the thing on their head and keep walking easily?! That is very difficult I think. Most of Balinese are farmer. They live in their simplicity and very religious. And they’re looks so happy with their life, always thankful to their God although they are just live as a farmer.
The Balinese never forget to give a lot of offering to the Gods, worship at the temple, leave the worldliness only for worship to their Gods. I really salute to their persistence. And it made me realize that life is very beautiful. Grateful for everything that has been given by God despite living in simplicity. Meeting with the local community gave me many lessons in looking at life, work hard and are always grateful for the gift of God. I love you, Bali.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About awesome


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.