Existing Member?

Daniel and the Faerie

12 month vacationing Australia escaping adult life

CANADA | Tuesday, 9 September 2014 | Views [379] | Scholarship Entry

I spent the majority of 2012 preparing for the colossal venture that is Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). Consequently, I spent the entirety of 2013 travelling across Australia escaping "the real world" and the quotidian adult life and recuperating from the self imposed stresses . Those months exposed me incredible obstacles were only overcome with the self awareness and internal reflection learned while traveling. Which is why I crave this adventure again. Of course experiencing breathtakingly beautiful views, meeting a myriad of people and experiencing cultures and customs that you are not normally exposed to are all wonderful, but the lessons learned along the way are much more valuable and life altering. You grow exponentially when you remove yourself from the creature comforts of your daily life. You learn to assimilate and compromise and before you realize it, you're pushing yourself, testing your limits and becoming a better person. This is what I crave, and this is what I have been day dreaming about since returning home. I'm due for another opportunity to see the world, to test my character, and grow as a person. Please select me for this chance to experience Mexico, its people, its culture and its beauty.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About awayado


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.