Existing Member?

Art and more Art art around the world...

Ariccia, Italy

ITALY | Friday, 5 February 2010 | Views [506]

That is a magnificent country of Castelli Romani, certainly known for its beautifu Art, as well as its formidable pork in those parts is consumed in the rustic restaurants out of town, called "fraschette". In Ariccia there is a famous bridge, once favored by suiciders.

The City provides the stunning setting of princely Palazzo Chigi which was the home of the Chigi princes and creative workshop of the master Gian Lorenzo Bernini, who in Ariccia realized with the Collegiate dell'Assunta the prototype of the Basilica St. Peter.

The Palazzo Chigi is a palace or noble residence in Rome, overlooking the Piazza Colonna and the Via del Corso. It was begun in 1562 by Giacomo della Porta and completed by Carlo Maderno in 1580 for the Aldobrandini family. In 1659 it was purchased by the Chigi family.[1] It was then remodelled by Felice della Greca and Giovan Battista Contini. It has five floors, a broad stairway that leads to the living rooms, and a courtyard decorated with a fountain, designed by Giacomo della Porta. The fountain has been copied in many sites in Rome and other Italian cities.[2]

In 1878 it became the residence of the Austro-Hungarian Ambassador to Italy. In 1916 it was bought by the Italian state and became the seat of the Minister for Colonial Affairs. Later it was the official residence of the Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs. In 1961 it became the official meeting place of Council of Ministers whose President is the head of the Italian government.

In February the 2nd. we celebrated our wedding ceremony at the Special Wedding Room. Awesome. Beautiful renacentist art. An Stein Piano in one of the corners. A few members of the Chiggi family adorning the room, looking to this seasoned couple full of love and dreams becoming husband and wife.

 

Tags: travels.italy.wedding ceremonies.

About avetraveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.