Existing Member?

home is where ... ? randomness ...

people people everywhere

NETHERLANDS | Friday, 12 January 2007 | Views [408]

people ... there are some that are small (like the ones I look after) sometimes they crack me up, while other times they manage to creep under my skin and press buttons to enduse my blood boiling - but hey, they ARE kids ;0) There are some people that are tall - like most of the natives here in Dutchland. There are some that annoy - no matter what they do, and others that make you smile, so easily.

Many people have their own generalised opinions about people from certain places ... like the rude French - but I've been there and enjoyed some sweet hospitality. Or backward Belgians - but I experienced the kindest of concern and care on my way back from from an Ireland trip, whereby I was going to be stranded in Brussels station overnight, but some kind strangers came up with a plan to get me back home safe that night. Don't get me wrong, I'm also guilty of taking the easy path of generalising - but I just wish we'd all be a little more open-minded. I like people watching - it's an interseting passtime. When I'm in a less of a happy-go-lucky mood, I figure most people are half good and the rest bad. But truthfully, I guess I am of the opinion that people, generally, are more good by nature than bad.

people have a choice ... everyday, in everything. To help or harm. To live and let live or put others down. To mind their own business or stick their nose in where it's not needed nor wanted. To support or attack. To speak or listen. To care or be selfish.

Shouldn't we all just be trying to do our little bit to make this world, that is already sad enough, a little better ... rays of sunshine even on a rainy day - that's what I hope I bring to at least one other person I encounter on a day to day basis.

luv 'n all that good stuff!

Tags: People

About ausimons


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.