Existing Member?

Aurora158

Anticipatory Blog

USA | Tuesday, 15 January 2008 | Views [438]

So, I suppose there aren't many exciting details to reveal in this first blog, since I'm still in my hometown of Merced, California (don't ever include this place in your itinerary, people!). The work right now is all the preparatory stuff. I'm going to Australia on a working-holiday visa (YAY for the US and Aus finally initiating the working holiday visa!!), so that surprisingly only took probably an hour to apply for online, and it was approved in less than 24 hours! Again, total surprise and relief felt over here. Then there was the airfare (studentuniverse.com was exceedingly difficult to deal with, but that discount..man..VERY worth it!), and now travel insurance thanks to some insurance group called World Nomads..hehe.

Domestically I'm slowly getting squared away. That equates to selling off my furniture, selling my car (*tear*, goodbye Egg, you were not really a good first car), and PACKING! Oh! The joy of packing!

Since I am returning to my beloved significant other, Tristan, I need to make sure I bring some American goodies that he so loves. I'm sure he'll love the Hershey's Kisses. Aw, how precious. Then there's the essential pharmaceuticals for myself (sorry Panadol, you just don't cut it for my headaches. I guess I've built up too much American tolerance for drugs for you to have any effect on me). Anyway, I hope I make the weight limit at check-in...

Yes, this is me being Susie Home-maker during Thanksgiving weekend in my current apartment.

Tags: The Planning Phase

About aurora158


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.