Existing Member?

A journey always makes us meet new people, create memories both bitter and sweet and explore!

The journey is the reward..!

INDIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [140] | Scholarship Entry

Vacations- when you can either switch on your television and laptops and continue with monotonous work sitting at home or plan a trip to an exotic unexplored place. This, is about a journey that taught innumerable lessons in winters last year. December, last month of the year, a time when usually the sleepy morning Sun peeps out from the horizon in North India, casting those first few rays, when schools are closed, is a good season for adventure!
3 sisters decide to move out of the freezing cold to explore the so-called "City of Dreams"! The very idea of visiting Mumbai,where most of the actors reside attracted me at once and tickets were booked for a week long holiday.
An itinerary for the 'all-girls trip' along with the list of what to take was prepared quickly. It is rightly said that some journeys and events are meant to leave an everlasting impression in one's life , the footprints of which can be experienced long after it happened! As we were about to leave for the railway station, advises of all sorts like- not accepting things from strangers, being careful about our luggage and keeping parents informed about our well being flowed in. After all, travelling to a city for the first time is usually accompanied by a number of risks and it is always better to be prepared for the worst.
As we bid goodbyes and started our journey, a sense of independence and responsibility sunk in automatically. As guided by many, we chose to see the tourist places like Elephanta Caves, Marine Drive, Juhu Beach, etc. first and then explored the famous markets. The pleasant breeze near the beautiful sea at night and the captivating sunrise in the morning was similar to treating one's eyes. On the last day of the trip, we were in Pune and had to come back to Mumbai to catch our train. We booked the Volvo tickets online and headed for Mumbai. Unfortunately, the conductor of the bus only understood Marathi (the local language of Maharashtra) and dozed off for a nap. He forgot to inform us about our bus-stop and we landed in Mumbai 2 hours later than expected. When everything was going smooth and perfect, a little carelessness came as a shock. We were about to miss our train back home. It was at this moment that I felt the importance of time.The ticking of clock never felt the same ever before. Running on the platform with luggage and entering inside the train at the exact time of its departure. I'll never forget that day..the day which made us realize the value of each second!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About aswetravel


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.