Existing Member?

New York New York Another day another adventure.......

New York - day two

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 August 2013 | Views [242]


We had a big day ahead so we were up early. We wanted to get to the Empire State Building before the crowds. I had prebooked the tickets which were fast track anyway so it was great to get to the top pretty quickly. It was absolutely fantastic. The audio guide was very helpful in getting your bearings on famous landmarks and the view was spectacular. From there we walked down Broadway to Union Square where there was a market garden and caught the subway to the meat packers area where we had some lunch and then walked the highline which is essentially an old railway track which has been developed into an amazing walking garden back downtown (now thats a fair distance). After a quick break we headed out for Broadway again as we had booked a show - The book of Mormons which was hilarious. It was a laugh a minute and Karen and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We the walked down Times Square which was equally fantastic, especially at night. We caught a cab to Nomads restaurant which was further down Broadway and made our way to the bar. For a Wednesday night it was definitely pumping! The food was delicious and the restaurant itself very sex in the cityish - well worth the visit. Finally we crawled into bed.

About asteinthal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.