Existing Member?

The Miao Tribes – “Searching For a Goddess”

The Miao Tribes – “Searching For a Goddess”

CHINA | Sunday, 9 August 2015 | Views [334] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Asher Svidensky. I'm a freelance photographer from Israel that is specialising in Art photography with a strong passion for documentary and storytelling as well.

Whilst being conscripted into the military back in 2009 (2009-2012) I was fortunate enough to be able to do it as a photographer and there began my career. My body of work has since been published in magazines and newspapers around the world, including the BBC (TV, radio and website). National geographic (USA), The Guardian & The Times Newspaper (UK), GEO (Germany & France) and more.

A project that you might be familiar with is a project which discovered Mongolia's first eagle huntress, in more than a thousand years, 13 year old Ashol-Pan. The story were published and shared intensely on the BBC alongside many magazines and newspapers around the world.

Despite the fact that at the moment most of my working world is in still photography I was always attracted to integrated media approach. This originates from fact that I came into photography from the realms of screenwriting. As time goes by I find myself more and more attracted to shooting video and making short storytelling video which you can see in my Youtube channel

I am currently working on a book on the subject of photography and cultures, for more information on the book please contact my literary agent David Headley.

Please feel welcome to visit my site www.svidensky.com to look through at your leisure.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About asm


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.