Existing Member?

Whistler, It's a made up place.

The Whistler experience

CANADA | Tuesday, 29 April 2014 | Views [144] | Scholarship Entry

I am currently at around 7,944 feet. 50* latitude, 122* longitude.
From where I am standing it feels like I am on top of the world. The snow covered valley and the mountains stretched out before me. To put it simply it's bloody beautiful.
This is the place where I have found my solace amongst the scenery, where nothing can penetrate the feelings of peace that the mountain provides. Time has stood still, well for the next 3 seconds anyway.
My friends calling me away from the edge. Summoning me back, it's the last run of the day and the beers and chicken wings are waiting for us at the crystal lodge.

On the way down from the top I see the dynamic that makes up the mountain. The feeling of the board beneath my feet is one of the most satisfying things I have been able experience. I glide past the skiers in the goofy hats, the beginners, the aspiring champions, the hardcore snowboarders, some random group of riders in ridiculous costumes, the kids that have wicked ability,the mountain lovers, the rich tourists and the poor whistler kids that get to call this place home for a season or two.

I never thought I would be this lucky, this happy or this satisfied. The most amazing thing about this adventure is that I got to relive it throughout my time here. Day after day, even after I left there I still look back and think 'how did I end up there?'

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About ashw289


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.