Existing Member?

My last months of travelling!

Queenstown - New Zealand

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 19 January 2015 | Views [333]

Hello there wonderful people.

Please accept many applogies for my total lack of contact via the world of blogging for the last however many months. Jenna and I lost track of time and got sucked into the bubble they call Queenstown. We kept forgetting to update our blog and then it got to the point where it had been to long to try and re cap all of the things that we have missed. As some of you may know I am now traveling without Jenna, and for those of you who don't... Well now you do. No hard feelings, just one of those things. We wanted different things from our future travels and the time came when we thought it would be best to split and do what we both wanted to do. 

 

So.. In a brief nutshell. I am still living in Queenstown, New Zealand. For those of you who didn't know where I am! I'm here.. A very beautiful place surrounded by some of the most magnificent scenery I have ever seen, at the bottom of the South Island. I arrived in New Zealand on March the 19th! We did a very quick North to South in a campervan. Much to quick if you ask me, but we had Jennas mum and partner over as well as the boys so we were travelling along side them as they were on a limited time frame. Whilst I would not have chosen to do this trip so quickly, it has allowed me to know all the places that I will definitly make time to go back and see and also the ones that I would not. So I have been living here since the very start of May. When we first arrived we moved into a huge 10 bedroom share house with 35 people.. Need I say much more on this matter. Lots of mess, lots of nights out.. but most importantly so wonderful friends. (and future boyfriends little did I know) Again for those of you who don't know, this is where I met Jack. The knew and fantatsic man in my life. He was living in the same house at the time and we had started to spend alot of time together. Jack moved out whilst I was still living there and I spent more time living at his then I did really in our shared house he and I are now living together. Jenna and I went to Fiji back in September for 10 days. We had a great time! It was fantastic to visit all the islands, and the fijian people are very friendly and accomodating. Before we went Jenna and I had decided to extend our stay in NZ. We had 6 months left on our visa and it seemed a shame to waste it! So we cancelled our ongoing flight from Fiji to LA and instead returned to Queenstown. Jenna left a little white ago now and it now up in the far north picking watermelons somewhere!! Not for me... We did a good month of kiwi picking in Napier.. I found it to be torture! Anyway.. I am now working part time at a clothing retails store called 'Max' I actually love it here, one of my closest friends here is my manager and the girls that I work with are absolutlely fantastic. Alongside this I also work for a babysitting agency. Between the two I seem to get alot of work... So it has been good to stay longer in order to save and have some money to travel the north properly. I bought a car around 5 months ago and have managed to travel all the way up the west coast and down the most southern point of the Island which has been great, we managed to visit Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers. These are incredible, and did the Glacier walks. Something definitly worth doing. We drove out to Punakaiki to see the famous 'pancake rocks' formation and over to a place called Oamaru to visit a penguin colony. (Much to jacks utter amusement and my severe distaste!) Mum, Dad and Jared will appreciate this.. I am yet to travel the top of this Island and re-visit the North. 

The Master Plan..

Is... To stay here until around the 10th of Feb. At which point Jack and I intend to leave and travel up to Nelson at the top of the South Island to do the Abel Tasman National Park. This is a beautiful coastal national park, the coastal walking track is 51km, so we will do this across 3-4 days staying in huts along the way and doing some kyacking which will be great. From here we will fly to Wellington stay here for a few days and then travel up to Napier to see Sarah Mcgill! we stayed with her for nearly a month when we got to New Zealand so it will be nice to see her again. We will then go and visit Lake Taupo. I would like to do a skydive here... (Sorry Dad) and see Huka falls etc. From there we will travel to Rotorua they have lots of beautiful volcanic valleys and 'thermal wonderlands' here. I have already been to these places before but on such a short one day visit, so I have some photos which I will also upload! From there we will head further up to Mount Maunganui, this is a smaller version of Queenstown, with an incredible beach, great for surfing which will suit Jack as this is something he loves to do. So will will spend a few days and nights here enjoying the beach and the town. After we will head to Waitomo to do some black water rafting! Not nearly as daring as it sounds im afraid. Nevertheless appartently one of the done things to do, so we'll give it a try! We will then head up to the coromandel peninsula (a stunning part of the island) and go to Cathedral Cove! You guys shoul google pictures of here its beautiful.From here we will travel up to Paihia in the Bay of Islands and spend some time here before heading back down to Auckland to catch our flight to Pheonix!! 

 

Your all obviously dying to know... I will be returning to the mighty UK on May 22nd of this year! Sorry its taken so long to write. Ill be sure to keep this updated throughout my remaining travels in New Zealand and across America. 

 

Much Love to you all. 

 

About ashleighgoesglobal

Christmas on the beach

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.