Existing Member?

Indonesian Explorer A friend told me when I did traveling with him and challenging to jump over the huge rock to the river, "Hey Arum, you never know you'll come to here again or not. So, NOW or NEVER?" Then this is the best I remember when I want to do new things.

Cave and River Tubing: Now or Never?

INDONESIA | Sunday, 1 June 2014 | Views [1017]

The second day we decided to go to the south of Yogyakarta, Goa Pindul. I was coming with friends from the Netherlands two of them from Yogyakarta. Goa Pindul offers river tubing and cave tubing in Gunung Kidul. Please visit the website directly at goapindul(dot)com. Trip to Goa Pindul from Malioboro (the place we stayed) took almost 1.5 hours. On arrival in Goa Pindul, we went straight to the counter to order package 4 persons.

Cave Tubing in Goa Pindul

There are 3 package tours offered, Goa Gelatik can not be visited due to flooding. We chose two other packages that Cave Tubing and River Tubing in Oya River for total cost of 80,000 IDR. Pindul has a length of about 350 m, width up to 5 m, the distance to the water surface of the roof of the cave 4 m, and a water depth of about 5-12 m. Goa has 3 zones i.e. light zone, lit zone, and dark zones. It takes about 45 minutes. Cave Tubing almost the same as rafting. If rafting is the flow of activity along the river by boat, then Cave Tubing is caving activities which we sit by using the inner tubes or tires. Because the flow of water in this cave is quiet then Cave Tubing in Pindul can also be enjoyed by beginners as well as children and even pregnant women. 35,000 IDR tour package including guide services, equipment (tires buoy, life jacket, rubber boots, Head Lamp), and insurance.

Followed by tubing in Oya river with a length of 1500m river and duration 1-2 hours. Along the river there are cliffs which are beautiful and distinctive karst rocks of natural Gunungkidul. There we can enjoy the beauty of the river flow by using tires in Oyo river, as well as in Goa Pindul. Accompanied by a guide and equipment that make us safe and comfortable then do not be afraid to cross the river with a depth of 7-11 meters. We can take a break to enjoy the nature around the river. Visitors are very spoiled with a beautiful view over the river wading. In addition we can also jump from the edge of the cliff (around 5m). Of course, this is for those who have big guts, suitable for who like a challenge. The cost for this is 45,000 IDR.

The cliff we can jump

Before jumping from the cliff around 5m, we can do an exercise around the place. There is big rocks around 2.5m so we can jump from here before the cliff. If you are okay with that then we can try to jump from the cliff. I was okay with that even I left my life jacket when I jumped from this big rocks.

The thing was different when you came to the cliff. I remember until now, I felt like I was gonna die because of nervous then my friend told me, "Now or Never?", then I jumped!

Tags: cavetubing, goapindul, indonesia, rivertubing, yogyakarta

About arumtri


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.