Existing Member?

A 'place' I have visited

A 'place' I have visited

BRAZIL | Friday, 5 July 2013 | Views [518]

If I can mention one thing that is really part of me, that built me, is Nature.

Since the basics as growing up in a countryside town enjoying life outdoors, in constant contact with fields, mountains, waterfalls, caves, sunsets, sunrises, wind, dust, rocks, mud, sun, rain, night, lightnings, noises, birds, lakes, sea... Until the extremes of joining all of those in an adventure such as hiking and camping in Patagonia for 7 days by myself, or climbing an active volcano, or spending 30 days inside the electric fences of a reserve in Africa, or heading down south to know Antarctica.

This is what keeps me stable. Contact with Nature.

And if I can mention one thing that really got me, that I discovered and loved, is Images.

The feeling they cause me when I just stare at them! An amazing huge landscape, a tiny little insect, a face, clouds, stars, a moment... an infinite list of things that when framed by those with a different approach, gets those who are watching to feel like being there, experiencing it, being influenced by it.

And discovering that I could not only see those images and be touched by them, but also produce them... well that just got me crazy after getting my first camera.

These two things have been with me everyday since I found them. And the relation between these two things have changed after I joined them in my life. At first, clicking everywhere, everyone, every moment. Later, clicking the place, the person, the moment. And by this change, incorporating in the images my personal feeling about the subject and trying to get this feeling in the ones who sees that image.

How to produce images that evoke those feelings, images that have such power on viewers, is a question that I’m looking for the various answers, which is not one thing but a combination of different aspects. Your sensibility to the moment, living and capturing that special lapse of time, technical issues that need to be studied, taught, practiced... lots of theories, practices, knowledges, patience... variables that listed may sound hard work only, but actually are a lot of fun!

Photography is developing fast and getting each time better. The world... well, yes of course is getting better in lots of ways, but its also going in the opposite way in other aspects that affects our own lives. Photography has a role there, is able to raise awareness, to get peoples attention to aspects that are directly related to their daily routine but look far away from it now. Photography is a message. A very powerful message. And the message can be whatever you want to be, but to be efficient has to be communicated in the right way.

That’s what I’m here for. I’m a 30 year old brazilian ready to take the next step into photography and it’s relation to the world. I found where I want to drive my life from now on and I’m ready to start this never ending change. Thanks for this opportunity, is what I needed to take the first step into this infinite and life changing voyage.

 

Tags: scholarship

About arthurmachado


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.