Existing Member?

Live on Imagination

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 28 March 2011 | Views [255] | Scholarship Entry

From City to Country, from Sightseeing to Pump The Adrenaline

Traveling is the most joyful thing in the world for me. Taking a break from assignment at college brings me to a wonderful trip to New Zealand. As soon as arriving at Auckland, I immediately checking on the internet, to start planning for the trip; and decided to venture the North Island. First day from a long trip started by trying the black water rafting at Waitomo Cave. Exploring the beauty of the cave, by foot for a while then floating with a rubber tube up to the end of the cave. In the dark, the glow worms shine beautifully with their green color on the cave ceiling.

Next is seeing the most famous sheep show in Rotorua’s Agrodome. We’re shown the different kinds of sheep from all over the world, and shearing sheep’s wool, also showing us the Huntaway dogs act, and I was given a rare opportunity to hand-milk a cow. From there, we were taken to see the entire farm and even given the chance to feed some animals.

As fan of Lord of The Rings movie, to see Hobbiton is another dream come true. Lucky me, at that time they’re rebuilding the set for an up coming movie “The Hobit”.

Another beauty of nature is Geothermal lake at Rotorua, it takes one and a half hour walking in the park, we could see the world famous champagne pool, the huge volcanic craters, the naturally colored hot and cold pools, etc. They even have a geyser named Lady Knox which erupts faithfully everyday. This trip would not complete without seeing the snow, for that Taupo mountain is the perfect destination to visit. There is snow in any season even in the summer.

Huka Fall is the largest waterfall in New Zealand’s North Island. Not only we can see a beautiful fall, we can also walk, hike, ride a bike in its beautiful park. If you are someone who love having an adrenaline rush, rapid jet should be included in the list. After giving us an educational info about the river, The boat will be spinning and speeding until you’re feel like jumping on a boat. Don’t worry about the safety, they took care of all the guest very carefully.

The adventure is going south to see the capital city, Wellington. The city which is famous for one of the windiest city in the world. I came to see Te Papa Museum, a modern museum, which provides many local knowledge, arts, and culture. An earthquake simulation, time travel show, the lost creature such a giant squid and big Moa Bird, Maori culture, fashion evolution, and many more.

Finally, its time to go back to Auckland, and spending my last night from highest spot, The Sky Tower. I can see the great view of city at night; it’s a perfect closure for my big adventure.

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About artanis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.