Existing Member?

From Where You'd Rather Be

September 2011- Dorset, UK

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 18 September 2011 | Views [347]

Dorset, UK

To celebrate M's 25th Birthday we decided to go on a roadtrip with friends for a weekend. Originally we were thinking Cardiff, however the accomodation choices were few and far between. I did a search for the top places to see in the UK and as soon as i saw a glimpse of "The Jurassic Coast" i knew we had to go there! The Jurrasic Coast is the coastline between East Devon and Dorset and we stayed in a cottage on a farm in Dorset. We hired a 7-seater car from EuroCar (who pleasently informed us upon arrival that you are not able to hire a car with an Australian Driver's License if you have been in the country for more than a year-a very vital detail that they should probably put on their website!!). We worked it out and the seven of us set out from London and arrived in Dorset about 3.5 hours later (an hour of that was getting out of London). The cottage was lovely and surrounded by barns and farmland (all with the slight essence of manure), as well as rolling fields and a chorus of "moooooo" from the farm's cows.

The first day we set out to the local town of Dorchester to enquire about the best sights to see. We then drove to the coastline and were in awe of the beauty of the aqua water and picturesque scenes we encountered. We enjoyed a pub lunch at a place called "The Smuggler's Inn" and bought a feast of Mexican ingredients from a Tesco which was a sight in itself. After a night of Mexican food, poker, drinking games, 'Celebrity Heads' and Charades we spent Sunday relaxing in the cottage and exploring the sights on the way back to London; including the town of Dorset and "The Rude Man" near Dorchester. It was great to see the countryside and coast for a weekend and left us refreshed for the hecticness of London!

About arm


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.