Existing Member?

From Where You'd Rather Be

October 2010- Geneva, Switzerland

SWITZERLAND | Sunday, 3 October 2010 | Views [441]

Geneva, Switzerland

My friend had discovered that we could fly from Croatia back to the UK at a very good price if we went via Switzerland. I therefore was lucky enough to spend 18 hours in the beautiful city of Geneva, which was amazing seeings as i was lucky enough to spend time in three different countries in the small time of three days-a novelty to any Aussie!!!! Our time in Switzerland was very well worth it as all the hostels were booked out so we booked into a fancy hotel and treated ourselves to a picnic lunch of Swiss chocolate, mangoes, fresh pastries and other goodies-watching the beautiful fountain by Lake Geneva. It was a fantastic day too, nice and balmy and we walked around to the fountain. If you imagine being chased by a sprinkling rain cloud and seeing a rainbow that goes on so long it turns into a circle, you can almost imagine you're there frolicking along the boardwalk...

We then explored the old town full of pretty people, pretty shops, pretty plazas and pretty water fountains. Dinner was cheese fondue and dessert was chocolate fondue. It was a whirlwind 18 hours which left me feeling refreshed and revived to head back to London.

About arm


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.