Existing Member?

My film travel

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [210] | Scholarship Entry

Me and my girlfriend have the same sad memory in the same month, October, where our father was died few years ago. After that, we're decided to travel somewhere every October to learn something new for our soul as the way to remember them. This October we're travelling to Toraja, 350 km away from our city, Makassar. Here, we're learn about how local people in Toraja facing the death of their family with unique ceremony and what's the meaning of death for them.

I've made some short documentary film before. Most of my documentary tells about the struggle of local people at some region in Indonesia and how they made simple hope in that hard situation. Sometimes my girlfriend helped me to research the content of my films.
I love travelling and documentary, but in my country it's too hard to find well education about documentary. My ambition is to be a professional travel film maker as a part of documentary itself.
My girlfriend also have huge ambition to learn and tells story about many sides of her journeys, experiences and become a professional presenter one day.

If we win this scholarship, we can learn many things about making good travel film and share the story better.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About arfansabran


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.