Existing Member?

La Buena Vida in Central America

Mexico - Best Served with Tacos and a Slice of Lime

MEXICO | Wednesday, 23 May 2012 | Views [462]

Amy and I left Whistler, Canada and took a flight via Houston, Texas to Cancun, Mexico. when looking into a gateway into Mexico we chose Cancun as it was at the back end of Mexico and would give us a direct gateway into Belize. 

When we landed at Cancun there were taxi shuttles which ask for $320 pesos to get into the main town (which we paid). I tend to forget when landing in a new country to barter, so you can do this for $50 pesos, or catch the bus. 

We arrived at Hostel Quetzal which took about 30 minutes. Hostel Quetzal is a clean and very vibrant hostel which provide breakfast & Dinner for free, $1.50 Carona's and your bed made each day. Monica, Jerry & Brian were amazing and gave us so much information on where to go and what to do."I Would Defiantly Recommend this as a place to stay"


I would recommend the following places to while visiting Cancun: 
  • Make your way to the local food market at night which is two blocks away. You can purchase tacos for 60 cents each, Quesadillas for $1 and a cheap pop to wash it down.
  • Isla Majures (posted on my next blog)
  • For a night out (i did'nt make it there) Coco Bongo & Mandala were supposed to be great costing $55 u.s for open bar all night.
  • Westin Hotel- As umbrellas and lounges always cost money on the beach, take the R1 (bus) from the main highway, about a 2 min walk from the hostel to the Westin hotel (about a 10-15 min bus ride) and they have a big infinity pool to relax in for a few hours.

Tags: beaches, islands, sunrises, sunsets

 

About arandall1987


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.