Existing Member?

school trip

Putu

EGYPT | Tuesday, 12 May 2015 | Views [191] | Scholarship Entry

After a long day in the funfair, we were happily singing in the bus on our way home, when the teacher said that we were going to stop at an ancient tomb site, Putu, just outside the town. I had never seen a tomb before, with pharaohs and mummies waiting for us. We were extremely excited. When we got there, we ran all over the place, like grasshoppers in fields. The teacher tried to get us back in one group, but in vain. Then, he searched for the keeper of this site; I guess he wanted some support, or protection. After all, the place was scary and damp. Though we were playing all over the place, none of us were courage enough to go downstairs; to the tomb. An hour passed, and then some of my colleagues asked the teacher to take them downstairs, to take some photos for the tomb. He firmly refused, as it was dark and unsafe for them and for him as well. Me and Adam decided and did sneak down to the tomb, hopefully to find a treasure chest or something. I was totally in fear, yet wanted to discover what was underground. After going down for many stairs, it was dark all over. Light was not able to reach that far. We didn’t think for long, running back to our bus and stayed inside till we left this creepy tomb. I admit that I fear the dark more than mummies and zombies, or I used to when I was that young. When I remember this trip, I feel so excited and willing to visit that tomb again. I will be ready then, with my mummy burner and zombie sword.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About arabian


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.