Existing Member?

Where My Life Begin

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [167] | Scholarship Entry

Emancipation issue has hanging on for years. In past, women are only get a part in home area, about how to take care their children and cooking. Today women are travels around the world, do same job as guy. Spirit of feminism make women fight for showed that they're strong as the guy too. Some do it successfully, some do it by destroy their own base area such as forget their capability for home and children. Women now imagining success is as become independent.
When I was in Pure Pasar Agung, Bali. I met a unique woman. She is a certain kind of priest here, she asked me to call her Jero Mangku Pure Pasar Agung. She is in objection to tell her real name, as prove for her purity dedication. She was born and grew older at mountainside of Mount Agung. She even married the head of priest in temple.
Jero Mangku Pure Pasar Agung told me, years ago when everything is harder than now she has to walk and sometime climb around 5 kilometers to find the temple and lead the ceremony. She did it by wearing kebaya. Whereas, she hasn’t get much salary from it but she proud of it. In other hand, people usually know priest is only did by a guy. Woman priest isn’t common,fact that makes her existence blurred. She faces that fact happily, try to understand it. She said that the happiest moment isn’t when people praise her as a woman priest but the spiritual moment by lead the ceremony itself. She said that however her main prestige is still take care her children. She even didn’t care what happen out the world as long as her little family and her temple are in good condition.
She teach me that our happiness as woman isn’t only about how big our salary, how far we've traveled, or how independent we are without man. She told about simplicity. It’s a simple thing to complete your husband existence, for example but its make sense. Our happiness is measure by our own parameter. Becoming great is not only by the meaning of great itself but how we appreciate great in simplicity as she did.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About anunnamedauthorizes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.