Existing Member?

I Caught The Travel Bug

Stairway to

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 24 April 2014 | Views [176] | Scholarship Entry

Climbing up the stairs of the Austrian hotel back from breakfast, I came to the realisation that a 10 year old Australian girl should not be left to walk back to the room, when she has no sense of direction. As I walked up the stairs in my pink flannelette pyjamas each door clicked locked behind me. I ascended the stair case further and further up with only the indistinct same white walls with snowflakes cascading the windows prominent. As I took the last flight of stairs I was about five flights off realising I was ridiculously lost. I walked out the last door onto an outside flight of stairs and stepped over what appeared to be a homeless man asleep on the stairwell. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, barefooted I discovered I was out the back of the local shopping centre surrounded by homeless men. I sprinted through dodging extended arms and stopped as I reached the front of my hotel. I briskly walked, half frozen into the lift where I was met by my mum, asking me what took me so long to find the lift.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About anonymous


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.