Existing Member?

It's only the beginning!

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 21 April 2012 | Views [184] | Scholarship Entry

The 21st century may seem to open all the possible roads, all the routes and ways for us to leave the shells we’re locked in and spread our wings that waited patiently for exploration of new fascinating horizons. But you can travel to Italy, try Italian wine and eat Italian Pizza and never know what the attitude of Italians towards terrorism problems really is; you can travel to Brazil, dance through the carnival night, lay on the Copacabana beach with an awesome young Brazilian and never know what the attitude of Brazilians towards poverty is , you can also visit Russia, shake hands with the Siberian bear but you can leave it without knowing what their attitude towards modern warfare really is …I can call myself lucky. Being a girl of only 21 I managed to see the world through Others Eyes. And this experience of my life I can add to the list of the priceless ones as it influenced greatly my life. Once stepping on the Land of Freedom just couldn’t leave without a trace for me. The year 2010, the age of 20,the plane to Newark and the 4 months of completely new life. The incredible blueness of the ocean, the somehow greenness of the Statue of Liberty?, the salty wind of changes and my eyes wide-open of the what-to-look-at-first. It all was amazing, unforgettable, unspeakably... The Spirit of America. Only breathing it in I left the shell I was in and broke the chains I wore before.…I saw the life the way Americans did. I see it now how they see it. I grabbed the best of it and make it part of me. The world now seems to me much more a complicated structure than I imagined it was before but it only makes it more attractive to me. This complication is what really makes me want to discover it, it what really awakes my desire to know more and more of it: new countries mean new emotions, new way of life, new experience and new self-realizations. Each and every new country will open my eyes again and again as it happened once and that where the beauty of life really is.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About annavorobyeva


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.