Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Day 5 - Patterdale to Bampton Range

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 5 September 2010 | Views [536]

A look back at Patterdale after climbing for 45 minutes.

A look back at Patterdale after climbing for 45 minutes.

Another good breakfast of eggs, bacon, black pudding, toast, coffee, orange juice, sausage, and hash browns.  We had the standard morning hike up out of the valley to a ridge top, saw some great views, the wind almost knocked us down a few times.  Some of the hills were very steep and fell off on the side.  The vistas were huge, you could see all the way back from where we came the day before.  Stopped and ate a baguette with cheddar for lunch (real cheddar, which is white, crumbly, and a bit piquant), then lucky us....another climb up to a new height called The Knott.  Our weary legs held out and we climbed about 2500 feet, then walked along a bit of a Roman road (straight as an arrow and mostly flat, and one of many in Great Britain), then descended gradually through the last of the Cumbrian Mountains' foothills into Bampton Range.  Ate dinner with some of our new friends that we'd visited with along the path.  Dinner was lamb shank, cod fillet with Thai curry,and sticky toffee pudding.  Vinnie drank lots of beer and Anita had a few glasses of wine to top of the night then it was off to bed.  Sad that we've been averaging hitting the sack by 10:00 pm every night!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.