Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Satara Camp, Kruger National Park

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 9 December 2014 | Views [449]

Jackal

Jackal

This morning we headed out from Hazy View, Casa Do Sol, and winded our way backtracking quite a bit to try our hand at God’s Window one more time.  It is viewing area where you can see the entire escarpment and surrounding valley and hills from.  The  drive was along the panoramic route.  There were many places that we could have stopped, perhaps a revisit is needed.  We did get a very good feel for the area having spent the last three days going through it.  God’s view was open so we popped in, even though the cloud cover was covering it.  We walked up into the rain forest, took photo’s and continued toward Kruger.

"The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Established in 1898 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowveld, this national park of nearly 2 million hectares, SANParks - Kruger National Park is unrivalled in the diversity of its life forms and a world leader in advanced environmental management techniques and policies.  Truly the flagship of the South African national parks, Kruger is home to an impressive number of species: 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians, 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals."

The rest of the day we drove towards Satara Camp and watched the world go by via the windows of our car.  We arrived at the camp at 6:30 pm, had dinner and hit the bed. 

http://www.sanparks.co.za/parks/kruger/camps/satara/

Next day, we had an early morning game drive departing from Satara camp at 5 am.  Lots of animals but still no large cats.  After our drive we had breakfast/lunch and a rest before we are to depart on an afternoon game drive that will see us returning to camp early evening. 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.