Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Africa to China

SOUTH AFRICA | Sunday, 30 November 2014 | Views [984] | Comments [4]

Writing the first blog entry at the Atlanta airport.

Writing the first blog entry at the Atlanta airport.


So now we're sitting in the Atlanta airport, awaiting our 15.5 hour flight to Johannesburg.  Bags are checked, anticipation is running high.  Brad Wood (Anita's dad) and Callie Bestor are here, too, flying on the same flight.  We'll tour South Africa for three weeks, hopefully seeing and photographing all the safari animals that we've ever heard of, and maybe some that we've never heard of.  Food should be good, weather should be great (equivalent of June in Georgia), and we'll be keeping you all posted via these blogs--hopefully with some pretty good photos as well.  (And don't worry--as the South African Tourist Board says, "There have been more cases of ebola in the Unites States than in South Africa!")

Brad and Callie return to Florida on December 20, but we will board a cruise ship in Cape Town and sail east for 62 days--up part of the coast of east Africa, across the Indian Ocean, then threading the needle between southeast Asia and the myriad archipelagos that make up the masses of island and peninsular nations, north of Australia and south of the Indian/Chinese subcontinent.  We'll add to this blog when we can, but things will be spotty during the first three weeks in South Africa.  Stay tuned...

 

Comments

1

I'm still very jealous... :)
We successfully transported two babies, three stinky dogs, two orchids, and one orange to Albany! House secure! Hopefully it will stay that way!

  Melanie Nov 30, 2014 10:56 PM

2

I hope you got the bread and potatoes too!

  Anita Dec 1, 2014 4:27 PM

3

Yes! Got the bread, potatoes, salad, shallot, two large bouncy balls, all the beer (except the Michelob Ultra), and cleaned up the large pool of water from your freezer in the pantry!

  Melanie Dec 2, 2014 12:18 AM

4

Miss you! Hope y'all are having a blast! All is well. Continuing to monitor floor in pantry. It has stayed dry - pulled freezer out and all was dry under. I think it just leaked out the front - it has been dry since Melanie found it and dried it! Walked the property today!

  Donna Dec 2, 2014 12:19 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.