Existing Member?

ange in africa...again one aussie girl, 6 weeks, back to the continent that captured my heart

worth my weight in livestock

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 5 February 2008 | Views [739] | Comments [1]

still in port st johns, still loving it, still having a great time with lots of great people. yesterday i went horse riding for the first time in 17 years and i had totally forgotten how painful it is! i couldn't even finish the ride cos my bum was so sore, plus my knees for some reason are also caning. but the scenery was absolutely spectacular, beautiful beaches and rolling green hills, the stuff dreams are made of. we rode into a small village where we had lunch overlooking the ocean, i wish i had a camera so y'all could see how magical this place is. i'm in love.

then this morning i went and covered myself in mud with healing powers, cleansing myself of all nasties. its a big sulphur spring and giant mud cave, and the smell reminded me of rotorua in new zealand (a bit like rotten egg farts), and the water in the spring tastes exactly the same if you can imagine it! driving back into town in the back of a ute was a bit of a trip, everyone was looking and cracking up laughing at the mzungus all painted like zombies. but it must be some strong stuff cos after i washed the mud off, my skin felt softer than it ever has before, it was mad!

so let me explain the title...labola is the price a guy must pay a girls' family when he wants to marry her. a bit like a dowry. so just out of curiosity i asked the guy that i've been seeing what my labola would be if we were to get married. and here it is. 15 cows, 5 horses, 2 goats, 1 sheep and a gift for both my mother and father. i was like what!!?? thats heaps, are you sure i'm worth that much!! but yes, apparently i am. so mum and keith, there could possibly be a whole shitload of livestock coming your way!! definately a better deal than marrying an aussie i reckon! take care..peace love and light..

Tags: Culture

 

Comments

1

gday ange

not agreeing to the labola, hell ur worth way more, with that exceptional aussie breeding...a grand specimen if i do say so myself. i think more like your weight in gold plus chuck in a few of those exquisite diamonds from the local mine. lol.

should i start advertising for a husband for u from africa? becoming obvious that you truly want to stay there...can't tell you mum's comment here but will let you know what she said when we talk.

love always, take care of yourself and lay off the smokes.

mum
xxxooo

  mum Feb 12, 2008 8:30 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.