Existing Member?

ange in africa...again one aussie girl, 6 weeks, back to the continent that captured my heart

the daily grind

UGANDA | Saturday, 1 December 2007 | Views [719] | Comments [2]

working 9-5 what a way to make a living! well actually i'm working 7-4 but you get the idea. so i've survived my first week back in the working world. it was pretty cool actually, the kids are all amazing, so keen to learn and practice their english. the staff are all good too, there's heaps of others who've only been here for a few months and are here on their own, so we're all kind of in the same boat. my accomodation is really good too, its only a one bedroom place but its huge!! when i arrived i was thinking, so how many others will i be sharing with, but its all mine! kinda sucks not having a tv though, i know this is sad, but i didn't realise how much of a big part of my life tv is until now i'm living without it! no music either which is the big bummer. lasst saturday in mombasa one of my bags was stolen which had my camera, ipod, clothes and heaps of cool stuff i've bought over the last few months.nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! its the music i miss the most though. luckily i'd uploaded all of my photos onto a puter just afew days before though, if i had've lost all of them i'd be seriously devastated. but i guess it could've been a lot worse.

so now i only have one more week of work and then its four weeks off for christmas, its a hard life i know! but its so wierd to think that 2007 is nearly over, last years woodford only feels like a few months ago! not entirely sure what i'll be doing for chrsitmas, maybe heading back to kenya to spend it with my adpoted family, or possibly zanzibar with some people i've met along the way. i know i'd much rather be in oz sipping cold beer and eating copious amounts of food while trying not to die of heat exhaustion. but i'm slowly wamring to the idea of christmas and new year in africa, probably just won't be as drunk as i normally am, but its all good! anyway peeps miss you all, love love love:)

Tags: Work

Comments

1

My dearest Ange

It is always great to log on and find you chatting about a huge adventure or just hanging. I have enjoyed every second of it with you. It has been great to come along as a tourist through you. Just checking in to see how you doing, and what you've been up to. It has been fantastic to share the journey...

Take care my little ray of sunshine....

Peace, love & happiness.....

Judy

  judy youssef Dec 2, 2007 12:08 PM

2

Dear Ange
We havent been writting to you very much.I miss you alot.Your the best sister in the world.
love kyla xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  kyla Dec 9, 2007 4:03 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.