Existing Member?

AngelasAmazingAdventures You can take the girl out of Nottingham but... oh off she goes!

Salvador - home of capoeira

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 14 November 2007 | Views [303]

Well I´m obviously spending far too much time on the computer and not enough time travelling; 2 posts in as many days!  My excuse is I´m making the most of my free internet time at the new hostel whilst waiting for my new buddy to get changed. 

So today I arrived in Salvador in Bahia. This is what I imagined Brazil to be like! There´s a strong African influence here, with music and drums and capoeira on the streets, loads of really cool little shops selling crafts, lovely colonial buildings on steep cobbled streets. I met a girl in a cafe today whilst struggling with the menu, and we ended up wandering around together this afternoon and going to check out some of the street acts and music later. Then my only plans for the next 3 days are chilling on the beach and doing some capoeira - lovely!

I´m at the Larenjerais hostel which is big and busy, so a nice change from the last family type place.

I´m here for 3 days then heading to Sao Paulo for stage 3...

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.