Existing Member?

A work in progress..... by Angela Maree

Day 1: The Arrival

INDIA | Friday, 17 August 2018 | Views [173]

So today I found myself alone on a plane heading hundreds of miles away from everyone and everything that brings me comfort and love.
‘Lil’ bit scary’ as the smallies might say.. Yes, lil’ bit scary is right. Claire from unit five said to me this week ‘I believe that life rewards the brave.’ Bless Claire from unit five, bless her!

After a long 15+ hours of travel, I found myself standing on the corner at the Delhi airport waiting for my taxi and what hit me was something I don’t recall forgetting (in my head, that sentence makes sense) - the smell of India. I love it, I forgot how much I love it. A mixture of incense, spices & people combined with the serious heat & humidity I suppose?... Sounds disgusting I know but I absolutely love it and I couldn’t be happier (if not a little scared) to be back.

I guess the thing with solo travel is there is no one to share anything with. No ‘hey look at that great thing’ or ‘hey lets eat that’ or ‘follow me here.’ I can say those things, but no one really answers..
So I will simply sit here drinking my (not very good) $18 glass of Pinot Grigio and make my mental list of pros and cons of solo travel ... I’ll have to get back to you.

PS. Life lesson for the day - when air hostess’ speak about transfers and how to get to your final desination - take the freaking earphones out and listen to what they are bloody well saying...

 

 

About angelamaree


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.