Existing Member?

A Girl's Eye View Traveling Passion From Within

The Bull Hole

USA | Wednesday, 20 May 2015 | Views [2087] | Comments [11] | Scholarship Entry

The Bull hole is one of the most treasured places that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Located in the small town of Cooleemee, North Carolina - this special gem is hidden away from the busy world of everyday life. Nature surrounds you as you enter the small water park nestled in the shady pines. Above the watering hole groups have access to covered shelters that have the perfect equipment for grilling and picnicking. On an early spring morning one can stand and gaze upon the sun reflecting from the water while many turtles will bask in the warmth on top of the many boulders located in the midst of the waters. The scenery creates an essence of being one with the outdoors and the slow flow of the Yadkin river's current could relax the most tense at heart. Not only is this location perfect for relaxing with nature, but also allows for sportsman to enjoy a great day of freshwater fishing. I can remember being a small child fishing with my father at this same fishing hole. The electrifying thrill of that first bite on the line, yanking of the hook and strategic spinning of the reel created an impression that would stay with me forever. No, this watering hole isn't just for the sportsman. Swimmers can walk through the winding trails that lead to a lower area made of sandy beaches and access the cool waters for a nice dip. This little gem can allow for the entire family to be together and enjoy what each of their hearts may desire.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

Comments

1

Great place to visit !! Thanks for sharing! It's nice to know that other's share a similar interest in the Bull Hole! Hope you enjoy many more visits, as I know I will.

  gail Bradley May 22, 2015 5:36 AM

2

I love this writing! After reading this, I wish I could drive to this location right now. Amazing! I look forward to reading more travel writing from you. Hope you win! Hi Alice, thanks for the compliments on my writing. It is greatly appreciated. I hope that one day you will have the opportunity to enjoy a trip to the Bull Hole. If you would like to read some of my other writing please email me and I will send a link to my personal blog.

  Alice P. May 22, 2015 6:27 PM

3

Great article! I've been there before. It's was GREAT! Lucas, Thanks for the compliment on my article! I am glad that we have both had the opportunity to enjoy a trip to the Bull Hole. Hopefully, you will continue to make trips and make memories for many more years. Have fun!

  Lucas lemly May 22, 2015 11:21 PM

4

I love the bull hole I have great memories of that place! The memories created at the Bull Hole should be shared with everyone. Thanks for sharing that you love the same beautiful hidden treasure.

  Carmeni May 22, 2015 11:23 PM

5

The bull hole is a place I personally love! I remember every time I have been there! This is an amazing article and I have enjoyed reading it! Ariel, I am glad that we share this special love for the Bull Hole. It's nice to know that someone else shares similar feelings for such a great vacation spot.

  Ariel C. May 22, 2015 11:23 PM

6

I have lived near Cooleemee for years and have never been to the Bull Hole. After reading this article, I plan on gathering my fishing poles, camera, and tanning lotion. If I experience half of the beauty you have described, my day trip will be one to remember! Thanks, Lynn! Please let me know what you think of your experience. The beauty of this hidden treasure will take your breath away!

  Lynn B May 23, 2015 8:28 AM

7

In my travels I've been to the Carolinas on numerous occasions, however never with enough time to actually enjoy its hidden treasures let alone search for them. This sounds like a place I would enjoy. Thank you for the wonderful description! Thanks, Dave! I'm glad that you perceived the description as wonderful. I hope that one day you will have some extra time to visit the Bull Hole. If you ever do have the chance, please feel free to ask for hidden restaurant treasures. There are many places that only locals are familiar with.

  Dave G. McIntyre May 25, 2015 3:48 PM

8

You describe it so well! I want to go!! 3 Thanks, Jan! I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit the Bull Hole! It is truly an amazing experience for the whole family.

  Jan Anderson May 26, 2015 12:45 AM

9

Amazing description. I have never heard of this place, but plan to go there now. Thanks for the compliment, Renee! You should definitely take the time for a visit at the Bull Hole. Even if you just go for a quick picnic, the views are worth the trip.

  Renee May 26, 2015 5:50 AM

10

Beautiful description, Angela!

  Gina Greenlee May 27, 2015 12:32 AM

11

Beautiful description, Angela! Thanks, Gina! I appreciate your compliment. The Bull Hole holds a dear spot in my heart.

  Gina Greenlee May 27, 2015 12:32 AM

About angelabradleyvolz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.