Existing Member?

Travels through Southeast Asia

To Conclude India

INDIA | Thursday, 22 December 2016 | Views [393]

India taught me something beautiful called surrender. I didn't know I had such a hard time with this concept until I was tested daily in a foreign country. It's truly a beautiful concept to let go, trust and surrender to the divine. It first showed up in the Tantra Relationships course I took when I first arrived in India. Women have been fighting to be equals, to be seen as strong and powerful taking on roles as CEO's and business owners and while all of this is so beautiful and necessary it also has women forgetting their true nature. We now carry the stress of being the breadmakers and the homemakers, the powerful confident boss and the sweet caring wife. We have left men confused on how to act. They want to provide but no longer have to, they want to protect but their wife is just as strong. With all of this our relationships are suffering and so we women have yet another task to tackle, how to be strong independent women while also allowing our partners to take care of us and provide for us. This is called surrender. Even if you know "the way" let him tell you, even if you can get it yourself or open it yourself allow him to do it for you. Men take pride in caring for us and we need to give that power back to them. I'll tell you it's only been 2 months of doing this but already I can see a shift in myself and in my partner. He is stepping up to do things I wasn't sure he would do and it's allowing me to worry less and feel like we are in this together.

There is also the surrendering of your expectations. India is chaotic and you never quite know what your going to get. When you let go of how long you think things should take, food would take over an hour to cook, or how people should drive, I'm not clear if there are any rules of the road or driving ages, you allow yourself to go with the flow of life and magic starts to happen. You may be running late because lunch took so long but maybe it allowed you to miss being in an accident. There are so many moments when I stress to do things a certain way, or be somewhere at a certain time but there is no need when the universe is holding us. Everything happens for a reason, just flow with it.

India was interesting to say the least. I'm glad I went and got to experience the culture and the beautiful nature of the Indian people. "Everything is possible in India" they tell you and I believe this to be true. It may be a chaotic country that doesn't make sense but yet anything your heart desires is possible and the people will help show you the way. They were so kind and helpful, sure they often wanted me to spend my money but they were also very accommodating to my needs and desires.

I left feeling more whole then when I arrived, more spiritually attuned and complete with myself. I will be back for sure, there is so much more of India and myself to explore.

Tags: india, surrender

About angel_yogi

Just Breathe

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.