Existing Member?

Travels through Southeast Asia

1st week of Yoga Intensive

INDIA | Thursday, 3 November 2016 | Views [239]

Well they said it would be an intensive class and it sure it.  We are in class from 8:30-10:30am and then 4-8pm.  There is 4 hours of yoga a day and 2 hours of lecture and a bit more this first week.  Everyday we do the same sequence and learn a new pose everyday to add to the sequence, part of the sequence includes purification techniques such as an intense stomach massage.  They say we will have a cleanse after 3 weeks and I believe it.  They are suggesting specific diet and with all the purification I imagine it will be an interesting 3rd week.  It's so much different then my training at home.  They focus on chakras mostly so every pose is associated with a chakra and we hold it for many minutes to get yourself in a meditative state focused on bringing energy to that specific part of the body.  I am so glad it's different then Whole Yoga as this will expand my ability to teach a variety of people.  I have never found a school like this in the states so maybe I'll have to open one ;)  Back to class....

Tags: yoga intensive

 

About angel_yogi

Just Breathe

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.