Existing Member?

Starting over at 32

Pucket Patong Beach

THAILAND | Sunday, 10 March 2013 | Views [345]

Kyle and I end up taking the overnight sleep ferry from Koh Tao to Surri Tani. We bought a transfer ticket (boat+bus). Last year i got scammed in  surri tani. This time is no different. We paid 800/900 baht for the ticket. 11 of us end up in some small mini bus terminal. For 250 baht each they will drive us to Patong Beach. They told us the bus will only drive us to pucket which is true. A cab from pucket to patong is about 250. So in the end logic won. Next time I will walk to the peer of koh tao and buy a sleep ferry ticket myself and most imporantly avoid Pucket all together.

   We eventually make it to Patong Beach and check into a place called Kool backpackers right in the middle of the bar scene. Last year I hated this place. Kyle and I decide we will only stay one day and make our way down to Krabi the next day. That day I decide to drink with an American guy named Brennan. I'm drinking all day, I sleep for a bit and I continue to go out with people from our hostel. Somehow I get lost for 5/6 hours and everyone is thinking the worst. I have my backpack with me and I have everything on me, what a stupid decision in retrospect. I had my money, bank cards/passport. I take two taxis trying to find my hostel no one knows. I tell them to drive me to a tiger bar (turns out there is two tiger bars). The first guy drove me to the wrong one and wanted a tip on top of that. I told him if he actually drove me to the correct place I would give him a tip but he failed so no tip. The second guy was a motorbike taxi. He drove me everywhere. At one point a couple of police officers pull me and the motorbike taxi over. The cops search both of us looking for drugs. At this point I thought they were going to extort me. They put their hands in my pockets pulled out my money and put all the money back in. They let us go no problem. This guy eventually takes me to the right tiger bar and I find the hostel at 5 in the morning. Getting lost is part of the adventure sometimes. The next morning Kyle and I go to McDonalds and this middle aged guy is passed out in front of the bar at about 11am. We walk past McDonalds again and he is getting woken up by his biker buddies. What a crazy place this is and it's filled with dirty old men. peace out Patong Beach I hope to never see your face again. 

About andybouchier


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.