Existing Member?

Travel

Shopping and Hopi Hari!

BRAZIL | Friday, 18 April 2008 | Views [583]

Yesterday we woke up early to try and sort out Andres driving license, it got a bit boring so we decided to go shopping in the afternoon. We went to a shopping centre called Interlagos and found a good clothing store called 'M Officer' that I bought R$300 worth of clothes at! But I got a lot of stuff and it works out at about AU$200!

That night we went out to meet some of Andres friends at a really nice place (kind of restaurant/bar) that specialises in Acai, a fruit from the Amazon that gives you energy. They also make all sort of other fruit sorbets like papaya and avocado that were really really good! Mum you would've loved it! I had a mini (but not so mini) bowl of acai sorbet and choose a side of sliced banana and granola (they have all sorts of sides to choose from like mango, cashew etc) and Andre had an avocado cream sorbet. My teeth, lips and tongue turned bright purple/blue as the Acai is a really dark almost chocolate coloured purple, I couldn't get the colour off either until the next day but it was ok because most other people there looked the same!

Again, we meant to go to dancing 'Forro' but I almost fell asleep in the car on the way home and was feeling a bit sick like I was getting a cold. Eating freezing Acai outside in the cold night probably didn't help! Also, we had decided to go to Hopi Hari (large theme park) the next day so thought we should rest a bit!

We got up early the next day for Hopi Hari (Me, Andre, Leandro, someone missing hint hint Laura) but it took about 3hrs to drive there so we got there about 12pm! It was out of the city so ont he drive there we got to see some of the country side. It was so beautiful and green, with steep hills everywhere, roads weaving in and out of the landscape and patches of dense housing (some favela, some rich areas). We finally got to Hopi Hari but it took us another 15 minutes weaving in and out of roads to get off the freeway into the park, and to find carparking! There weren't many cars there but there were lots of buses!

We had such a great time there, we first went on a short rollercoaster that had a loop the loop and afterwards did the ride backwards. Next we paid R$23 each for a type of bunjie jump (most rides were free but the more extravagant ones you had to pay a bit for). This was the most amazing ride I have ever been on. They hoist you side by side up on a bunjie rope and pull you backwards like you are on a swing. Then one person (who happened to be Andre) has control of a trigger that lets you loose and you freefall over a large lake in a swinging motion! Of course being Andre, he didn't tell us when he was going to let us go! (but he got the most scared out of us three! Poor Leandro had a huge bite mark on his arm from him). Next we went on a relatively tame rolelrcoaster in the dark, was pretty fun!

By 3pm we went into a circus tent to watch some acrobatics. Andre managed to film most of it, and he said they were a bit better than Skadada so he can show them some different tricks when we get back. Afterwards we lined up for about an hour for the rollercoaster that goes under part of one of the freeway exits. We had to line up for about an hour for this one, but it was totally worth it! Me and Andre sat right at the front and filmed it all!

The park was closing soon so all of the rides were closing, there were a few we didn't get to do but it was heaps of fun and now we are exhausted! We are planning to go to Ubatuba beach tomorrow to we are going to bed early! We will post more photos soon and hopefully add that video to youtube :) Hope everyone back home is well XOXOX

About andre_jen


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.