Existing Member?

India changes you, maan!

Sydney the night before

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 4 February 2007 | Views [587] | Comments [1]

First the boring details: We are leaving at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Flight details:

Mon 5/2/07 SQ0220 Dep Sydney 830 Arr Singapore 1330

Mon 5/2/07 SQ0408 Dep Singapore 1620 Arr Delhi 1930

We have travel insurance (a tiny wooden Ganesh), real travel insurance (with World Nomads), we have the India Lonely Planet clasped firmly in one hand, and everything we are likely to need for the next month, including more medications than anything else in our backpacks. We have even registered with Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade! (the big bad scary world version of a little paper tag on a piece of string saying "Please look after this bear" I guess).

We will have two big challenges tomorrow. The first challenge will be to to get up early enough in the morning to shower, get dressed, pack backpacks in such a way that nothing falls out, is stolen or slashed, or breaks, lock it up in its little metal mesh cage, while keeping track of the whereabouts of our moneybelts, our baggage and each other, and that's even before we set foot in the International Terminal at Sydney Airport, and well before the time we have to get ourselves to the checkin counter two hours before flight (ie 0630).

Our second big challenge wil be to survive arrival in India's biggest, dirtiest, maddest, weirdest city. We'll let you know how we went!

Lots of love, Kel & Ed

PS You may comment here if you wish, or you can always contact us at the gmail account, which is the address we used to tell you about this journal.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

So very excited for you guys!

I've heard that customs and immigration can be a real experience at Indira Ghandi International and that's before you hit the crowds outside.

Looking forward to lots of pictures of yummy street food!

  Leon Feb 7, 2007 5:56 PM

About anarkali


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.