Existing Member?

Flying around the world

Weekend at Marrakesh

MOROCCO | Friday, 15 October 2010 | Views [588]

My husband decided to take me on a romantic weekend to Marrakech. I had been dreaming about it for years.

As expected, as soon as we arrived to the riad, in a warm November morning, all the imagery that I had in my imagination about life in this part of the world became a reality. The riad was just an oasis of peace and silence in the middle of the busy and noisy medina. There was a pool in the middle of the patio, with water continuously flowing, day and night, which gave it an ethereal and soothing ambiance. It was absolutely wonderful.

But, since we only had two days, and it was our first visit to Marrakech, there was too much to see to waste time in the room. We went downstairs and the nice receptionist gave us a map of the medina, the directions to get to the Jemna al Fna square and the riad phone number, in case we got lost, saying: you won't be needing this, it's quite simple to get around. Sure, we thought!

So we left our safe haven and entered the bustling medina. Muezzin calling, people running around, motorcycles skimming past pedestrians, the street belongs to them. We are tourists, and it shows. Our outfit, my camera, the way my husband looks at the motorbikes that yell at him to get out of the way.

Tags: exotic, noisy, people, souk, warm

About anakuka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.