Existing Member?

Diana Down Under

one last rendez-vous

USA | Monday, 28 January 2008 | Views [345]

Just returned from a weekend-long visit to Ithaca. It was a lot of fun and good to see everyone for the last time before leaving, but also very strange to not be there now that classes have started. I was a bit sad and nostalgic about coming back to the old apartment, but my apprehension was short lived- Colleen surprised me with the finished model of her chicken table! It turned out brilliant! Nothing breaks the tension like a chicken table, is what I always say.
So glad I was able to get out of work Monday morning to spend an extra night there. Goodbyes this morning were rough...I managed to hold back the tears while saying adieu to Shley, Colleen, and Shawn, but once I got in the car the water works started up. It was not a fun drive home. I'll miss you guys so much!
I really couldn't have asked for a better last weekend though... from Katie's 21st bday party, to chillin in the Gardens, eating a ton of greasy diner food, and just spending time with good friends. Thanks to everyone.

Tags: Friends

About anaid687


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.