Existing Member?

Multiculti trip - the best of Andalucia

12 CITIES in 12 DAYS !

POLAND | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [247] | Scholarship Entry

My venture started in Salamanca (Spain), multicultural city, plenty of students from all over the world therefore is a perfect place to find a buddy for the trip, among young people who are hard up for travelling. My polish friend and me planned to visit Andalucía and we wanted to spent two weeks visiting the most beautiful places at the south of the Spain. The next day we received message from German guy who was interested to visit the same places in this same time. We was lucky? No, it is really easy to find another travelers. Later one Mexican guy and other polish girl confirmed their participation. The next week we bought tents, sleeping bags and of course we rented a car. That was the beginning of our adventure.
Ready or not, it was high time to set off. After seven hours of journey we got to the Portugal city - Portimao (known from prodigious cliff beaches). That was the first unplanned change in the route. The aim was to meet each other in pleasant ambiance, rest and check out all of our staff. It is essential to be sure you can put a full trust in the others, otherwise you will not have a good memories.
A good trip is when you get lost and then happily find yourself with unique experience, knowing a little bit more city recess. We got lost a thousandfold in Seville, not because we do not know how to use map. The reason was that during the Easter Seville is so crowed that every maps are useless. We ended up in a trap, the main street was occupied by procession and the rest of the streets by the crowd. There were several procession in a day. The best thing what we could do in that situations was to pray for get out from the city center. Seville is called a “hot pole”. The temperature was near the 34 degrees. On the other side of the river we saw a beautiful panorama of Seville, Giralda, cathedrals, San Telmo Palace and Maria Luis Park. The fact that some of the biggest conquerors of America like: Columbus, Magallanes and Elcano settled out from here, aroused in us the desire of further traveling.
The next city which we visited is almost completely surrounded by the water – Cadiz. Here we were looking for reflection of the passage of various civilizations. This aspect of location given the city an its citizens an open and welcoming nature. The short view of the city descried small details. We paid attention to eighteenth century balconies, ornamental streetlamps and signs of the trade of the Indies...
To be continue

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About an1e


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.