Existing Member?

That's not a sunset, that's a bird on fire.

Mykonos & Paros

GREECE | Sunday, 2 August 2009 | Views [481] | Comments [1]

I am very happy to be back in Greece. Istanbul just didn't hold a lot of appeal to me. It takes a lot to build a city that big, it should have more to offer. Though, to be fair, the service is phenomenal. There were even busboys in McDonalds!

Leaving Istanbul was great fun (*sarcasm*) as it was a 10 hour bus ride that got stopped for an hour and a half at the border and everyone's luggage was tediously gone through. Then 6 hours back to Athens from Thessaloniki. Long day of travel.

Just spent one night in Athens and booked my whole next 3 weeks which I will spend on various islands. So now I feel really good that everything is paid for and all I have to do is show up at the ferry ports!

First stop was Mykonos where we spent just 2 days. It's apparently the "party island" and certainly there were a lot of club goers, though Curtis and I wandered around trying to find a fun one and ended up finding 8 gay bars! The only other good one was full of British tourists on drugs so dibbs out on that. Can't say I'm a huge club fan anyways so it wasn't a total wash. Spend the next morning in the pool that looked out onto the ocean. Then an hour long ferry (which was an hour late) to Paros where I am right now. It's definitely nicer than the other one and I counted about 43 restaurants during the 15 minute walk from the hotel to this internet cafe so one can assume that is the main industry during this tourist season!

Tomorrow spending the day at a smaller island called Antiparos.

Hope everyone is well. I am! Take care

Comments

1

I am so jealous! Sorry we missed your call this morning. Dad was working and I was out for breakfast with mom and Bernie and Lois.
Enjoy - look forward to the next journal.
Love you and miss you. Mom (and Dad of course)

  Mom Aug 3, 2009 5:43 AM

About amy_smith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.