Existing Member?

atravellerracingwithtime...

Sharing Stories - A Glimpse into Another's Life - Experiencing Innocence..

INDIA | Saturday, 6 April 2013 | Views [282] | Scholarship Entry

A glimpse into another's life is a major part while we travel to different places around the world.We touch lives of many people,and unknowingly we realize ,at least I did,that nature made us all similar around the globe.
But having said that I also feel,we created differences amongst us by social means and economic realizations.This story is of a boy from Jaisalmer, nicknamed "The Golden city", a town in the Indian state of Rajasthan. .
This boy is 13yrs old and is into his family business of renting Camel for tourist and also guiding them through the history and geography of his city.The reason I remember him was not because he is a kid doing labor to support his family,but more because even in such bad economic conditions he has managed to hold on to his innocence which was likely to be lost at the pressure of the evil corrupted materialistic world around him,but he is a boy with full of dreams and hope.
In India,Bollywood(Indian Film Industry)plays an integral part to all sections of the society,and this boy Aangad was not an exception.Here in this part of the world where population is so high,survival of ones dream is really difficult and more when your earning is just around 100$, a month.
Jaisalmer is not a city with high rate of progress,its still hold on to the values of its prince and their palaces.And in such a place this boy made me realize a new meaning to the word life.

He writes letters to his favorite star in the Indian Film Industry after seeing his movies ,in appreciation of his work.There is only one movie theater in the town, which screens old and outdated movies twice a week.This boy is writing letters for the last 3years once every month.He not only writes appreciations but talks about his problems too. To my surprise he actually gets replies to all his letters,although I doubted the authenticity of the replies, which was later confirmed to me that all replies were wrote by their local post master just to make him happy.Irrespective of such tough situations people manage to share smile and make others happy.This entire action is fake and will come to an end someday but at least it gives the boy a reason to feel happy & blessed like any others child of his age around the world with a better economic status.This boy made me feel,life is not about materials its about petty things such as few words from your loved one,or just a letter.No matter whoever you are but a small moment of bliss is what unites us.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About amitabha


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.