Existing Member?

:Tropical Exploration: Leaving for the Dominican Republic in a few days! Will arrive at an all inclusive resort to stay and hang out with my mom and her boyfriend at his vacation house. Stay for a few weeks then off to travel alone getting into many eco adventures then settling in at a few volunteer places to immerse myself in the culture and help the local people. I hope to learn ALOT of spanish while there and break away from my materialistic roots. Not to mention enjoy the amazing sunshine, spend a ton of time in the water scuba diving/snorkling/swimming, get to know the culture and meet people, learn about the carribean way of life, and help the surverly improvished society, teaching and mentoring.

Last Days

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Thursday, 10 May 2007 | Views [406] | Comments [2]

Deciding to come home early, I try to squeeze in a few more sights before my flight comes to pick me up on monday! Monday, (get this) i    will   be   HOME! I can´t believe it, but the idea is getting more and more real in my mind. My dog, my house, my love, my life...Spent 4 day in Las Terrenas. There I took a horse back ride, second ever in my life, to a 50 m waterfall. It was so magical, and i learned I love riding horses...i´ll have to learn when i return home.

I am now in Las Galeres and came to a cheap little bungalow. That actually turned out to be the nicest place i´ve stayed. With two floor, a balcony and nestled in a little forest cove. It´s perfect, minus all the damn mosquitos.

 A few days here then off to the capital to do some more couch surfing at free places to stay. Yeah, it doesn´t get much better then this. I was having trouble spending so much (20 bucks seems like a lot per night for what i´m used to paying) money, but know that i´ve found free places to stay, i feel like i can try to squeeze in a few more adventures before i return to the adventure of my life in seattle.

Fond memories fade away. Leaving with me with lessons and loves that i could have gotten no where but here. So grateful and I feel so blessed to live in the beautiful area that i do, with so many advantages and opprotunities...did i mention hardly any litter. They don´t understand the concept here of not throwing their trash on the ground. It will just get washed away by the ocean any way, right? Who cares...

 many strange coincidences and fateful meetings later, i end my trip and bask in the glory of my conquered island. Full of many battles.

until the next time...

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

As long as you keep this great Jornal you will never forget this trip..I know its sad and yet exciting to go home to the people you love. and AUTUM of course..
I am sure another trip will be in your furture, maybe not quit the same as this trip and hopefuly better...
and amazing...
The lady I work with, has been all over the world and she said the last trip she had taken is always the best trip...Maybe becaue that has been fresh in her memory.
I have not been around in the world but have been many places, and each of my trips have special memory's and fun a great in there own ways.

Have fun for you last days enjoy...
Your mom, love you,

  Pflynn May 12, 2007 6:17 AM

2

carry on girldfriend... love and light

  michele Jun 17, 2007 8:44 PM

About amelie918


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.