Existing Member?

Periodismo ante el Cambio Climático

El Horcon Titanes de Mar y Tierra

VENEZUELA | Saturday, 5 September 2015 | Views [379] | Scholarship Entry

I am a Venezuelan journalist interested in promoting the campaign SOS Amazon for Life, which was launched in 2012 through the Journalism Network on Climate Change, which seeks to alert the world to the attacks to which it is subjected Plant Lung Planet, with actions such as deforestation, illegal mining, oil extraction, mega projects hydroelectric dams, loss of biodiversity as a result of smuggling or hunting, disrespect of human rights of most of the ethnic groups (indigenous peoples) that inhabit this territory, which in many cases are put into commercial activities in conditions of slavery, among many other situations.
This experience in Colombia can be part of the Third Crossing Campaign. The first trip we made in 2013 when we accompany the Foundation Friends of the Essequibo to visit an area that is part of the Amazon and where the main predatory activity of that ecosystem is the illegal mining. In 2014 made my first journey by bicycle to the city of Manaus in Brazil, Margarita Island.
I plan to visit the 9 countries that deal with the Amazon Basin, which is also on the agenda visit Ecuador, with a similar agenda. The way to spread what you know will be through documentaries, written reports, photographs, interactive infographics, podcasts (audio), among others. All this material will be distributed through the blog: ecoscopioweb.blogspot.com, digital media has become a multimedia communication platform dedicated to environment and ecology.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About amazonas_para_la_vida


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Venezuela

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.