Existing Member?

Travel and open the world

One day in other place

USA | Wednesday, 7 May 2014 | Views [157] | Scholarship Entry

The story began when I have applied for Work and Travel USA Program. I passed interesting interview with american representative in the U.S. ambassy and finally got visa. Then there was 13 hours fly from Astana to big apple city New-York. That was my first international travel without my family. And I knew, that the new page of my life began now, when after long way we arrived to that huge awesome city. First thing what every alien sees is the huge hand drawn picture of New-york in the custom service of the JFK. I loved that city from the beginning, it was amazing feeling, me and my friend saw NYC only on TV and now we are here. We used airport air-train to get subway, than got New-York subway to get to Manhattan. We found a small hotel in the center of Manhattan, next to Times Square. Spend $165 for one room(we got 2). We took a shower and did it as fast as we can, because knew that everything from Times Square and the Central Park to Brooklyn Bridge waits for us. We opened map on tablet, put some destinations and start discovering city of millions, millions of people. We spend 20 min for shower and here we are, walking like americans in the center of Manhattan. I was waiting that trip for a long time and indeed, New-York city has not disappointed me, I love it, my heart love that city. Everything was different from us, people, buildings, even air. Maybe I was too impressed and we are not so different, but at that time my thoughts were like that. We started to discover from famous hot-dogs, which Harvey Specter from Suits eats. Later we spent about 3 hours just for fun, walking lengthwise and crosswise of New-York streets. Do you what was the most recognizable in apple town for us? Yeah, that endless flow of yellow taxi. After some time we got Times Square, finally. The first thing I've noticed is that there was a number of people as we, aliens, sitting, communicating and taking photos. I have also noticed some affable policemen, who were talking with guests of city. These 2 hours on Times Square were like 20 minutes. It was about 2 am and we went to our hotel, but there were so many people as it was at 5 or 7 pm at Times Square. Amazing! City which never sleep. I like it! The way from Square to hotel is not far, but we spent 1 more hour to get there. Me and my friend were sharing our impression about our first day in big apple city and it was endless, each of us loved this city. Such was my first day in one of the most beautiful cities - New-York.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About amazing


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.